Butte County Criminal Defense Lawyer
Serving Clients From Our Office in Oroville
Have you been charged with a crime? When faced with such a serious situation, it is important to retain an attorney who can protect your rights and help you navigate the road ahead. Whether it is your first or fifth encounter with the criminal justice system, having a lawyer you can trust may make a significant difference in the outcome of your case.
Because we focus exclusively on criminal defense, we are capable of providing highly personalized and effective representation. Bob, our Chico criminal defense attorney, has 20 years of legal experience to put to work for you.
Cases We Handle
As a full-service criminal defense firm, we can tackle virtually any kind of criminal case, both misdemeanors and felonies. Bob is a highly rated attorney with a reputation for success – he is the lawyer you will want on your side when faced with potentially life-changing criminal charges.
Robert L. Marshall, Attorney At Law handles criminal cases involving:
- DUI: If you're charged with DUI, you can lose your license without even going to court. A conviction can result in jail time and huge fines. You can be convicted of DUI for drinking or for using drugs, even if you have a prescription.
- Assault and homicide: Whether you're charged with a simple push or shove, felony assault with a deadly weapon, all the way up to murder, we're prepared to fight for your rights.
- Theft and property crimes: Even a conviction for petty theft can have lifelong consequences. Residential burglary is a "strike" under the Three Strikes law and carries the possibility of a lengthy prison term.
- Sex offenses: Even being charged with a sexual offense can have devastating effects. A conviction for rape, child molestation, or other sexual offense can lead to substantial prison time and a lifetime of sex offender registration.
- Expungement: With very few exceptions, there is no such thing as a true "expungement" in California. Although most adult criminal convictions can't be sealed or erased, we can help you clean up your record and get on with your life.
- Drug offenses: Many drug possession offenses are now misdemeanors in California, but a drug-related conviction can still result in jail, prison, registration as a drug offender, and other serious consequences.
- Domestic violence: If you're charged with domestic violence, the judge may issue a restraining order that keeps you away from loved ones. A conviction can make it difficult for you to get custody of your children in the future. You can also lose your gun rights for life, even if it's a misdemeanor.
- Traffic violations: Some Vehicle Code violations are a lot more than a simple traffic ticket and result in big fines – even jail time. The DMV can take away your license if you get too many points on your record. At Robert L. Marshall, Attorney At Law, we handle court cases and DMV hearings.
- Non-citizen defense: If you're not a U.S. citizen, a criminal conviction can rip you away from your home and prevent you from returning to your family. Bob understands what's at stake in your case.
Call our Chico criminal defense attorney at (530) 212-7766 today to get started on your case
Case Dismissed Assault With A Deadly Weapon
Reduced to Reckless Driving DUI
Reduced to Reckless Driving DUI
No Charges Filed Elderly Abuse
He took his time over the last 7 months discovering evidence and I owe my freedom to this man. He made calls to me on HIS time, and helped make sure I did everything I needed to do.- Anthony
Retained Mr Marshall this year, and find that he has done all I asked regarding my case. Mr Marshall is attentive and will fight like a bulldog and I know for a fact that he is only concerned for his client and justice.- Darrin
I never even had to go to court on the case. He's very honest and explains things in a way that I can understand.- Tony
At the end of the experience, we were very pleased with the outcome and attorney service.- Anonymous