Chico Robbery Lawyer
Defending Clients Charged With Robbery in California
Robbery is a serious criminal offense in California. If you or a loved one is facing robbery charges in the Chico area, you need a skilled and experienced Chico robbery lawyer to protect your rights. At Robert L. Marshall, Attorney At Law, we have a proven track record of successfully representing clients facing robbery charges and helping them navigate the complexities of the legal system. Our dedicated legal professionals are here to fight for your rights and provide you with the strong defense you deserve.
Call Robert L. Marshall, Attorney At Law, today at (530) 212-7766 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our robbery defense attorney in Chico!
What is Robbery?
Robbery is a crime involving the unlawful taking of another person's property or belongings through force, intimidation, or the threat of violence. This crime is considered a serious felony in California and is defined under California Penal Code Section 211. To be charged with robbery, the following elements must be present:
- Taking of Property: The defendant must have taken property that does not belong to them.
- Presence of Another Person: The property must have been taken from another person's immediate presence and possession.
- Use of Force or Fear: The defendant must have used force, fear, or intimidation to take the property from the victim.
It's important to note that robbery is distinguished from other theft-related crimes like burglary or larceny by the use of force or fear during the commission of the crime.
What are the Penalties for Robbery in California?
In California, robbery is classified as a felony offense, and the penalties for a robbery conviction can be severe. The exact penalties can vary depending on various factors, including the circumstances of the robbery, the use of weapons, and the defendant's criminal history. However, the potential consequences of a robbery conviction may include:
- State Prison Time: Robbery convictions can result in significant prison sentences, ranging from several years to life imprisonment, especially if the robbery involved using a deadly weapon or caused injury to the victim.
- Fines: Convicted individuals may face substantial fines and prison sentences.
- Restitution: The court may order the defendant to pay restitution to the victim to compensate them for any losses or injuries suffered during the robbery.
- Criminal Record: A robbery conviction will result in a permanent criminal record, impacting future employment and housing opportunities.
- Loss of Civil Rights: Convicted felons may lose certain civil rights, such as possessing firearms and voting.
Given the severe consequences of a robbery conviction, having a skilled Chico robbery lawyer on your side is crucial to build a strong defense and protect your rights.
Defenses Against Robbery Charges
When facing robbery charges, exploring potential defenses to protect your rights and achieve the best possible outcome for your case is essential. Our experienced Chico robbery lawyers at Robert L. Marshall, Attorney At Law, will thoroughly investigate the circumstances surrounding your case and may employ various defense strategies, including:
- Mistaken Identity: If there is insufficient evidence to prove that you were the person who committed the robbery, we may argue that you have been mistakenly identified.
- Lack of Force or Fear: If there was no use of force, intimidation, or fear during the alleged robbery, we could argue that the essential elements of the crime are not present.
- False Accusations: In some cases, individuals are falsely accused of robbery due to misunderstandings or ulterior motives. We will work to uncover any evidence that supports your innocence.
- Alibi: If you can provide a credible alibi proving you were not at the scene of the robbery, we will use this evidence to defend your case.
- Consent: If the alleged victim willingly gave you their property without any use of force or intimidation, we may argue that it was not a robbery.
Contact Our Chico Robbery Attorney Today
Robbery charges in California are serious and carry severe penalties, including imprisonment and substantial fines. If you or someone you know is facing robbery charges in the Chico area, seeking immediate legal representation from a skilled Chico robbery lawyer is crucial.
At Robert L. Marshall, Attorney At Law, our legal team has the knowledge and experience to provide you with a strong defense against robbery charges. We will work tirelessly to protect your rights, explore all possible defenses, and strive for the best possible outcome in your case.
Contact Robert L. Marshall, Attorney At Law, today to schedule a consultation with our robbery defense lawyer in Chico!
Case Dismissed Assault With A Deadly Weapon
Reduced to Reckless Driving DUI
No Charges Filed Elderly Abuse
Reduced to Reckless Driving DUI
He took his time over the last 7 months discovering evidence and I owe my freedom to this man. He made calls to me on HIS time, and helped make sure I did everything I needed to do.- Anthony
Retained Mr Marshall this year, and find that he has done all I asked regarding my case. Mr Marshall is attentive and will fight like a bulldog and I know for a fact that he is only concerned for his client and justice.- Darrin
I never even had to go to court on the case. He's very honest and explains things in a way that I can understand.- Tony
At the end of the experience, we were very pleased with the outcome and attorney service.- Anonymous